Dear Sudu families, staff, and supporters worldwide,
Sudu is taking preemptive actions to protect the health, safety, and well-being of our children, families and our staff. As of Friday, April 17th, 2020 Sierra Leone has recorded 26 cases, there was a three-day full lockdown from the 4th to the 6th of April. As of April 11th, the government of Sierra Leone enacted a partial lockdown, which includes measures such as 9pm- 6am curfew.
Sudu’s board has put together a contingency plan that addresses key areas of our work and is effective immediately. Please note that this plan is subject to change as there are new developments daily.
We would greatly appreciate your support at this time and asking for donations. Please see the attached budget for details as to how the funding will be used.
If in Sierra Leone, you can donate via:
- Orange Money: 079-054-816
- Write a check to Sudu Salone and call us at 099-011-691 to collect
- Deposit to our UBA Account- Account #: 540-210-030-002-915.
- Paypal: send to email@example.com or our Paypal Giving fund (no fees/no amount taken from our funds).
- Our website: Support Sudu (You can also set up monthly or yearly donations through the website).
What we’ve done since our last press release:
- Sudu purchased supplies for all families for the three-day lockdown that occurred from the 4th through the 6th of April (see budget attached for the cost of what was purchased).
- Sudu has purchased a handwashing station for the office space.
- Sudu staff visited all families to sensitize them on COVID-19 and provided leaflets, hand sanitizers and soap. This sensitization was followed up with calls to reinforce the importance of sanitization and social distancing.
- Our official launch event that was scheduled for April 3rd in Sierra Leone was postponed indefinitely. You can still contribute to this by using the donation details provided above. Those interested in being sponsors, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact +232-79-054-816.
- We have suspended any large gatherings with our families and other large gatherings hosted by Sudu in the communities we work in until further notice.
- A Master of Public Health student from Tulane University is to complete their practicum with Sudu from mid-May to mid-July. As this practicum was planned to be in person, we are working on adapting the practicum to be conducted virtually in the event the student will not be able to travel to Sierra Leone.
- We have halted all placement of new children.
- Sudu continues to support our partners; the interim care centers and orphanages where the children are referred from.
*Through a generous donation by a current Sudu donor, Sudu will be feeding families (not Sudu families) every week for the entire Ramadan. Thank you!**
Please view full document here.
Thank you for your support.
Sudu Executive Team